The official 1mil beta testers whom have registered would have received this email (picture) by now.
I took the developer version since I have access to the more complete version.
Let share what you like about the new Yosemite.
According to Time, please be aware that some of Yosemite’s iOS 8-related features won’t be available in the beta (until you have iOS 8, which won’t be out until this fall, and which is only available now in beta through Apple’s developer program). It’s also worth scanning through the following issues Apple’s listed as present in the initial public beta to determine if they’re deal-breakers for you:-
- Safari may hang when playing certain Netflix content.
- iPhoto 9.5.1 and Aperture 3.5.1 are required on OS X Yosemite. Update to these versions from the Mac App Store.
- When entering edit mode in iPhoto, a black screen may be displayed instead of the selected photo.
- Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing may not function properly when both iPhoto and Aperture are installed.
- The shared purchase history page on the Mac App Store is disabled for Family Sharing accounts.
- iCloud Drive may appear empty in the Finder after first time setup. Restart to resolve this problem.
- AirDrop may not show nearby Macs.
- Sending files to another Mac using AirDrop may not work.