Have heard so much about Google Glass since its inception about 2 years ago, the Glass never make it to the commercial but yet on beta testing still, glad to meet the Glass, thanks to both Kevin Khoo & Wen Jiun, they brought their Glass to the #MobileFest Oktoberfest a while ago.
It is solidly built and made with seriously premium materials.
I like the way how the Glass is compacted into a really slim form factor.
I have also tried similar technology by Brother while I was there at its Nagoya’s HQ last year. This is everything in small form factor, while the Air Scouter comes with battery pack and a mini CPU.
Was it great?
Yes and no.
- It is designed with purpose in mind, if you are using it for leisure, then it is not it. The battery only last 6 hours.
- Light weight, wonderful notification
- This is one great wearable, before smart watch, exercise bands come into the market
- You can really use it for navigation
- Pricey technology, still on beta, but selling at USD1,500
- Battery drains fast, can’t last for a day
- Glasshole, need me to explain more?
I am not sure if Google will give Glass another chance after this, because looks like Google has gone quiet about it, after this year Google I/O.