Somethings happened by chance, just like us meeting Leica, and then owning one, and love using it. We attended a customer dinner hosted by the bank, while many things there were from Germany, including the BMW, handbags, luxury products etc, not many visited Leica, so we did, since I love taking photographs. The product specialist shown us a few cameras for us to try on, while I love the DSLR type, I am not prepared to spend above RM15k on a camera, just yet.
So I arranged with the Leica Malaysia team to order D-LUX, which is a portable, non changeable lens digital camera.
Took some weeks for the camera to arrive, as the team does not keep stock, perhaps brand such as Leica is not exactly a fast moving camera, as compares to the well known Japanese brand.
That was how we started using Leica, more than 1 year now.
Do I still in love in using it? We do.
The wonderful thing about Leica D-LUX:-
- I could have someone else using the camera to take the pictures, and unless the person screw up badly, like terribly, the pictures are generally acceptable
- It takes great scenery, which I will cover in the some other blog entries
- Leica is especially great with human, even animal too
- It tends to give the subject of the pictures a bit of a character
- It is fast, and I have use it to take pictures of twins having basketball games with their classmates